We will be running our coaching from Thursday 20 May for Novice and Learn to Ride.
We’ll have the usual fun coaching and have some new rules. If you are interested please register for a ticket here for the assessment day when we will group the children by their ability.
For those familiar with our coaching things will run a little differently.
How will it work? 1. Complete a Rider Information and Consent form
- Consent and Rider Information Form
- This form should be completed for each child, once per year
- Please update this form if medical conditions change
2. Book and Pay Online
- Online booking platform
- We are using Race Nation for bookings
- Please note the booking platform will try to sell cancelation insurance. We will always credit you a free week if you need to miss through isolation or illness.
- £3 per child per week
When is it?
From 6pm Thursday 20 May to Thursday 2 September
Where is it?
Walton-Le-Dale Primary School, Severn Drive, Preston, PR5 4TD
Summary of our rules
- Do not attend the school unless you have completed all the paperwork above.
- We are not allowed to have more than one adult per child.
- Only children who have a place booked on the coaching will be allowed entry.
- Do not attend any coaching session if you or any of your household has coronavirus or coronavirus symptoms or is isolating.
- Please bring a face-mask in case you need to accompany your child inside to the toilets.
- Please bring and use hand sanitiser to clean your hands when arriving.
- Please wait at the gate for your coach, we will control access to the coaching areas and ask you about any coronavirus symptoms.
- When watching the children you’ve brought please keep 2 metres away from adults, coaches and children outside your household.
- Please do stay in the area, we will need your support in the event of your child requiring first aid or a mechanical issue with their bike. Adults will also need to help when we perform the clothing, helmet and cycle safety check at the start of each session.
- When you do attend school we ask that only one adult attends with any children from your family group.
- You must follow the instructions of any coach or volunteer.
- You should avoid sharing cars with those outside your household or support bubble.
- Please arrive no earlier than your allotted time.
On the day
We are looking forward to seeing you. Please only one adult bring the children with confirmed places from each household. Park safely either in the school car park or on Severn Avenue. Please do not obstruct other vehicles or residents’ driveways. Please do only arrive at the time we ask. When you’ve got your bike and helmet come over and wait at the edge of the playground, there will be a sign to make it clear where to wait. While queuing please keep 2m from other household groups. A coach or volunteer will meet you and guide you to your coaching area. Adults will be directed where to stand to watch their children.
The coaching will be fun, each coach will have a 6-session schedule. The children will progress through the summer.
Levels of ability
3 levels of ability will be catered for:
- Learn to Ride
- Novice 1
- Novice 2
The first week will be an assessment week and our qualified coaches will identify the correct group for each child. We will move children between ability groups as they progress.
What to bring!
- An adult (just one per child)
- The child, or children, with a place
- A safe bike with working brakes and gears
- An approved cycle helmet
- Appropriate clothing for the weather forecast
- Gloves are recommended (protects the hands if a child does fall off)
- Your personal hand sanitiser
- A mask in case you need to accompany your child to the toilet
- Drinks and snacks
First Aid Incidents
The coaches are all trained first aiders and will deal with any incidents. This may require your assistance.
If you have any concerns please speak to a coach, our welfare officer (email@example.com ) or British Cycling directly:
Victoria Brown (Lead Safeguarding Officer)
Tel: 0161 274 2076
In case of an emergency situation contact:
Your Local Social Care Emergency Duty Team
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Reporting your concerns
One of the most important way to protect and safeguard children and adults at risk is to report any concerns.
If there is no immediate risk but you have concerns about the welfare of a child or adult at risk, or you have concerns about the behaviour or practice of a coach, or anyone else involved in the sport, then talk to our Integrity and Compliance Department on 0161 274 2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This coaching is run under the rules of our governing body, British Cycling. More details about British Cycling’s Covid guidance can be found here:
Updated Coronavirus Guidance from British Cycling