We will be running our coaching from Monday 26 April for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced riders at UCLAN Sports Arena, Preston.
Weekly Time Trial Results
Interested in attending? Here is what you need to know
We’ll have the usual fun coaching and have some new rules. If you are interested please register for a ticket here for the assessment day when we will group the children by their ability.
For those familiar with our coaching things will run a little differently from when we last ran in 2019.
From 6:30pm Monday April 26 and each Monday
No sessions on Bank Holidays (UCLAN Sports Arena is closed)
The Cycle Circuit, UCLAN Sports Arena, Valentines Lane, Preston PR2 1SG
How will it work?
1. Complete a Rider Information and Consent form
- Consent and Rider Information Form
- This form should be completed for each child, once per year
- Please update this form if medical conditions change
2. Book and Pay Online
- Online booking platform
- We are using Race Nation for bookings
- Please note the booking platform will try to sell cancelation insurance. We will always credit you a free week if you need to miss through isolation or illness.
- 10 May onwards – 1 hour £4 per child
- 10 May onwards – 2 hours £6 per child
- The second hour is an option for the Intermediate and Advanced Groups
Summary of our rules
- Do not attend the UCLAN unless you have completed a consent form and registered (step 1 and 2 above).
- We are not allowed to have more than one adult per child.
- Only children who have a place booked on the coaching will be allowed entry.
- Do not attend any coaching session if you or any of your household has coronavirus or coronavirus symptoms or is isolating.
- Please bring a face-mask in case you need to accompany your child inside to the toilets.
- Please bring and use hand sanitiser to clean your hands when arriving.
- Please wait at the gate for your coach, we will control access to the coaching areas and ask you about any coronavirus symptoms.
- When watching the children you’ve brought please keep 2 metres away from adults, coaches and children outside your household/bubble.
- Please do stay in the area, we will need your support in the event of your child requiring first aid or a mechanical issue with their bike. Adults may also need to help when we perform the clothing, helmet and cycle safety check at the start of each session.
- You must follow the instructions of any coach or volunteer.
- You should avoid sharing cars with those outside your household or support bubble.
- Please arrive no earlier than 6:15pm.
On the day
We are looking forward to seeing you. Please only one adult bring the children with confirmed places from each household. Park safely in the UCLAN car parks and please maintain social distancing. When you’ve got your bike and helmet come over and wait at the gate to the circuit, there will be a sign to make it clear where to wait. While queuing please keep 2m from other household groups. A coach or volunteer will meet you and guide you to your coaching area. Adults will be directed where to stand to watch their children.
The coaching will be fun, each coach will have a 6 session schedules that run through the summer.
Levels of ability
3 levels of ability will be catered for:
The first week will be an assessment week and our qualified coaches will identify the correct group for each child. Children will move between ability groups as they progress.
What to bring!
- An adult (just one per child)
- The child, or children, with a confirmed place
- A safe bike with working brakes and gears
- An approved cycle helmet
- Appropriate clothing for the weather forecast
- Gloves are recommended (protects the hands if a child does fall off)
- Your personal hand sanitiser
- A mask in case you need to accompany your child to the toilet
- Drinks and snacks
First Aid Incidents
The coaches are all trained first aiders and will deal with any incidents. This may require your assistance.
If you have any concerns please speak to a coach, our welfare officer (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or British Cycling directly:
Victoria Brown (Lead Safeguarding Officer)
Tel: 0161 274 2076
In case of an emergency situation contact:
Your Local Social Care Emergency Duty Team
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Reporting your concerns
One of the most important way to protect and safeguard children and adults at risk is to report any concerns.
If there is no immediate risk but you have concerns about the welfare of a child or adult at risk, or you have concerns about the behaviour or practice of a coach, or anyone else involved in the sport, then talk to our Integrity and Compliance Department on 0161 274 2000 or email email@example.com.
Coronavirus rules mean we
are allowed to run this coaching under the rules of our sports governing body
British Cycling. More details about British Cycling’s rules can be found
Updated Coronavirus Guidance from British Cycling