Ribble Valley Juniors.
Newsletter and Diary Notes. July 2017.
July has started off busy and with some very welcome sunshine.
Note events have conspired to provide alternatives to the NEXT THREE SCHOOL BASED RIDES which are now cancelled. (See below).Thanks to those who attended the RVJ Meeting yesterday at Walton Le Dale School, the programme of events and dates is now clarified for this month!
- Cyclo X coaching has started at School on Wednesdays at 7pm. The first CX race with Red Rose Olympic is on 9 September.
- New RVJ kit. A new ordering window is now open. Kit is available at 50%of advertised prices subject to a maximum of £20. To order use this link: https://eucustom.champ-sys.com/teamstore/?rvj If you have ordered before you should be able to just log in or you can create a new account.
- No School based Ride. Next Saturday Walton le Dale School is holding a big event which means it will be difficult to base ourselves there. Instead we are meeting at Brinscall Baths 10am for a MTB type ride to Rivington. Probably a little tough for the youngest riders-advice-not a challenge!
- Next Sunday 16/7/2017 is the Bolton Ironman event attracting an international field of athletes including RVJ’s Paul Colling: Race No 1323. The cycle route takes them through our local area. (Buckshaw GreenMan ETA 9:30am&12:00 and Rivington SheepHouse Lane. ETA 8:30am&11:00am) Support on the day or sponsorship for Paul’s chosen charity very welcome.
- 22/7/2017.No School based Ride. See next item!
- 23/7/2017. Preston PedalFest. We have a Gazebo, Skills Course and Go Ride Race Track planned. All RVJ members are welcome to explain the club’s activities and particularly those willing to help with setting up and running this event.
- 29/7/2017. No School Based Ride. As advertised. East Lancashire Away Day.
- Copied below is information for this recommended ride. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you intend riding.
Dear Club Members
You are welcome to join me and my boys on an Away Ride on the above date. Although I have pre-ridden the route for navigation & risk assessment purposes this is an informal ride & participants take part at their own risk. All children must be accompanied by a responsible, supervising adult. Here are the ride details;
Date: Saturday, 29 July 2017 Time: 9.40 am
Route: Whitebirk to Oswaldtwistle return circular.
Meeting point: B & M store, BB1 3HT, 1st right off Whitebirk Drive dual carriageway, reached from M65, Jct 6.
Ride level: Challenge – suitable for confident cyclists aged 8 years & upwards.
Distance: 27 km
Terrain: 75% flat, traffic free trails & towpath. Short sections of urban street & bridleway with climbs. See GPX file attached.
Recommended bike: MTB/gravel.
Equipment required: clothing suitable for conditions, snacks, drink bottle, spare inner tube, helmet.
Hope you are able to join us! Feel free to email any questions.