Summer 2017 Monday Evening Coaching
Mondays 24th April to 21st August at UCLAN Preston Arena, Tom Benson Way, Preston, PR1 1SG.
The evening Cycling Coaching Sessions for youth riders return for 2017, run by willing volunteers from the Ribble Valley Juniors Cycling Club.
The sessions will follow a similar format to previous years with the aim to develop riders’ cycle racing skills, from novices to those wishing to compete at a higher level.
The sessions will focus on the key skills needed to be able to participate safely, competently and successfully in road racing events.
As a community based club run by volunteers we have kept the costs as low as possible.
Novice – 1 hour – £2.50
Intermediate group – 1 hour – £2.50 or 2 hours £4
Advanced group – 2 hours – £4
As in previous years, with the aim of improving the focus of the coaching and to cater for a range of abilities, riders will be strictly allocated to one of three groups. Movement between groups will be by coach agreement only.
Due to Bank holidays there are 16 coaching weeks, it is our intention that weeks 8 and 16 will consist of some competitive games and activities based around the coaching already done.
Time Trial Results
- To be able to take part all riders must wear a suitable, cycling specific helmet and have a bike in safe working order.
- Riders in the Advanced group should expect to ride for both hours and be self sufficient .
- In the unlikely event that numbers exceed capacity, priority for places at the session will be allocated on the following order of priority:
- Riders from a British Cycling ‘GO-RIDE’ club.
- Riders with a current B.C. Racing Licence.
- Riders with a current B.C. membership.
For more information, please contact Matthew Field:
Tel: 07855 267512
To book a place please fill in the form that can be downloaded on this page and e-mail to the above address or bring it along on your first night.
Forms must be signed by a Parent / Guardian.
Previous year’s information and Time Trial times can be found here:
2012 Tuesday Night Coaching Time Trial