Well it’s about time for some waffle and space filling, so here is the latest collection of news items.
Please note the REVISED date for the club meeting at Bamber Bridge Catholic Club. Tuesday 3rd December.
First some reminders and dates for your diary…
- 3/12/2013 REVISED date for club meeting at Bamber Bridge Catholic Club. Tuesday 3rd December @7pm.
- 7/12/2013 First Aid course at school start 10am.
- Christmas lunch ride 14/12/2013 details to follow soon!
- 27/12/2013 RVJ@Manchester Velodrome.9am-10am. Burn off Christmas Calories!
- Post-Christmas McDonalds ride 28/12/2013.
- 29th December NW Cluster Session 12.00-3pm. Details awaited.
The Guild Wheel Children in Need ride was well supported. Well done the young riders who rode some 28 miles on a cold day. Some imaginative Fancy Dress but if there was a family prize it would have been won by the Endersby Bears. Thanks to all the coaches who turned up to see us all safely around the route, thanks to the Crooks family who kept us supplied us with provisions and thanks to Matthew for providing the Blood Wagon, which was only used for one late puncture. See the pictures and video on the Ribble Valley Juniors Facebook page and Here
The Children in Need Night Ride was held on a surprisingly warm Friday 15th
Well attended on a shorter but interesting route, ridden at a faster pace than previous years the riders arrived at the Plough before midnight. After refreshments, a welcome hotpot and the odd drink, the riders set off to return completing a circular tour south of the club base by the early hours of Saturday morning. Thanks to RVJ coaches who guided the ride safely and thanks to Kevin for the organisation. Details of monies raised are being assessed and will be advised.
Steve Cox is recovering and we wish him well. In response to the kind queries from members please note that his bike is OK !
CDNW Racing Dates
Dates for the youth league have been announced as follows
- 15th March – UCLanSports Arena, Preston
- 12th April – Salt Ayre
- 10th May – Marsh Tracks, Rhyl
- 28th June – Litherland
- 2nd August – Tameside
- 16th August – Palatine Circuit, Blackpool
Also the date for the first of the Thursday night races at UCLAN will be 10th April. Further details will I’m sure appear on the CDNW website in due course.
If you are looking at next year’s racing and riding and likely to be wanting to place an order for club kit could you let a committee member know so that we can guage the level of demand.