Hi Ribble Valley Members,
Summer is here. Le Tour has started. This is not so much news as reminders and more reminders….
- Reminder 1: KIT. Please order any kit required by response to me by 30th June. I Plan to submit the order the next day. Regret that this is tight timescale but this is to allow delivery by end of July. Adult kit to try for size was available on RVJ Saturday and Sunday rides and will be available Tuesday evening 25/6 at the Arena. Any kit ordered that does not fit (hopefully none) will be taken into stock by the club with no charge. Details required are Zip length, Sleeve type(short or long), Size and for adult sizes, Male or Female.
Cycling Clothing details. (For sizing see attachment above)
Normal weight fabric. Short sleeved, short zip, 3/4 or full zip:Child £30 Adult £38 inc VAT.
Long sleeved short zip, 3/4 or full zip:Child £35 Adult £43 inc VAT
(The club will be subsidising these prices.)
- Reminder 2: The ride on Saturday 29/6 will be followed by a Summer Event 2pm at Walton Le Dale primary school-our current base and where the origin of the club is rooted. Anybody able to spare time to help promote the club at our base school please contact Sandra or Simon Morris.
- Reminder 3: Gisburn ride will be moved back 1 week to Saturday 6/7/2013. Meet at the new “Gisburn Hub” carpark at 10.30am. Plan to have Two groups; Novices and Intermediate riders. It would help if Coaches intending to ride would make this known in advance. Note there is a good on site café operating at Gisburn Forest.
- Sunday Road Rides: The first of the series of road rides included riders 10 to 13 years old, experienced strong (25mph) head, side and tail winds, avoided the rain, tested a good café at Rufford (Canal Marina) and enjoyed 27.4 miles.
Next ride 14/7/2013 starting at 10.30am from UCLAN arena and heading to Beacon Fell. Route by Matthew. Anyone else with or without a favourite route to offer is welcome.
- Velodrome Club Booking. The good news is we are back on the listing. The bad news is that the list is rotated so that all applicants have priority in turn. Demand is so high that we will not have a high priority until Dec 2013/Jan 2014.