The first (sort of) monthly news round up of 2013. This month news of new club kit, velodrome sessions, a sponsored ride and British Cycling’s Go-Ride conferences.
• Sorry the Morecambe ride had to be postponed but definitely the right call-thanks Met
Office- this time. Hope you all enjoyed the snow?
• Reminder: RVJ Meeting minutes are available on the website. Includes the latest meeting.
• On 9th Feb. 2013 after the Saturday ride there will be a meeting to view samples and vote on the alternative design/supplier recommendations from the kit sub group. The club encourages young riders to wear RVJ kit and subsidises the cost. For example previously a top quality long sleeved top retailing at £34 was available for £17-this costing relates to sizes 8yrs to 14yrs and is thus without VAT. Please indicate if you are interested in this offer so that an order can be aggregated in time for the racing season.
• Andy Purcell has news of a sponsored Bike Ride on Good Friday at 9am from Manchester to Hesketh Cricket club. There is a £20 entry/sponsorship required and food promised at the end. Suggest anyone interested in entering/making up a team speak to Andy as soon as possible.
• Good News: In addition to the NWCluster Manchester Velodrome session on 10/3/2013, we have booked the Velodrome exclusively for the club on Sunday 7/4/2013. Bad news is that the time is 8am to 10am. However this session will be for all abilities, young riders and those not so young. Details to follow.
• British Cycling is promoting a Go-Ride conference on Saturday 9th March from 9.45am to 4.45pm. Sessions for Coaches, Go-Ride Volunteers and Welfare Officers. Details are available from the BC website.