The ride on Saturday 30th June will be from Caton Near Lancaster to Glasson Dock via Lancaster on the cycle way.
Lune Valley Ride Details
- Meet at Crook of Lune for a 10.30am departure
- Park at Crook of Lune (or nearby and ride by bike to Crook of Lune)
- Ride length about 20 miles total but along former rail track bed and adjacent to the Lune=flat and scenic.
- Suitable for all. Generally good surface tarmac or graded stone-road tyres possible.
- Duration 3 + hours including stop at Clair d’Lune cafe near Glasson
- Weather ?
- Possibility of faster/further rides for those who wish to
- Excursion to Glasson Smokehouse for Kippers and other smoked exotica.
- Bring suitable clothing, and a spare tube. A rucksac for the kippers and cash for the cafe.
M6 to J34. Take A683 towards East (Kirkby Lonsdale) for 2.5miles approx. Just before Caton take the left turn signposted ‘Crook of Lune’ towards Halton. Carpark is just after the bridge over the Lune on RHS. Toilets and cafe too. Car parking is payable.